Sunday, April 4, 2010

BBQ Break-in

Monday I bought a new grill. Pictures are up from previous post. I would like to share with you what I have cooked thus far. First thing that went on was some babyback ribs. They were so delicious and juicy and melted in my mouth. Next was some chicken thighs that Steve and I cooked up. Chicken is the true test of a grill. With the chicken, we found where the hotspots on the grill are and we also found an assembly error that I fixed once the grill cooled down. I also recommend having somebody else grill, thus I picked my apprentice Steven, who is becoming very masterful at grilling quite fast. Our sides included potato salad, cornbread, and a green salad.

Vern rolled through town on Thursday bringing a delicious rub that he bought in Dallas. So on Friday we through some tritip on there along with some country ribs and some short ribs. That tritip was the first thing to go. It was so damn good! I cooked some Artichokes on the side (a nice accoutrement for my mayonnaise) and some corn cause it seems nobody like artichokes much. I almost forgot that I grilled some brats as well. These were delicious, but can be cooked on anything.

All I got left to do on my grill is fish and burgers and I will have completed the true test of an American Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment