Monday, March 29, 2010

San Diego


New Grill

Kids in San Diego celebrating their second place victory. It was so much fun seeing them excited about doing such an awesome job and making wonderful music. It made me feel all warm like I'm doing a good job. I wish every time I did a concert we felt this way.

Baby Beluga in the tank at sea world.


The aircraft carrier my grandpa served on.

So I had an epiphany while on this trip with my kids. For four days, these kids' parents trusted me to take them to San Diego and bring them back alive. It really hit me like a ton of bricks on the night I confiscated some stogs from a kid. Rachel and I argued for a good hour about saying I shouldn't have told the administration that I should just let these kids off the hook. They signed a contract to go on this trip saying no tobacco, alcohol, or drugs while on the trip or they will be sent home immediately. I didn't send these kids home, but I did get them in trouble and call their parents. If I were a parent, I would hope the teacher would do the same.

1 comment:

  1. THe Grills looks awesome...Will need a bigger one for the Skywalker ranch clone though :-) I am with Rachel on the cig thing..but not surprised you called the parents. haha.

    ReplyDelete