Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yoga, rockclimbing, and other hippie shit

So Monday nights are now my yoga night. Michael Chow said that I was all smiles and happy afterwards. Despite it being frustrating cause I can't do any of the poses, I have this very tranquil and peaceful feeling when I'm done.

Wednesday nights are now rock-climbing nights. I joined a beginning class at Planet Granite. Our first session was Wednesday and I learned how to belay and I did some top roping. My partner has been bouldering for about 6 months and so as soon as we got our shit together, we went to the more difficult climbs. I only made it half way up the more difficult one. I need to work on technique. There is this one skill where you push off with your leg and grab with your hand at the same time. Anyways, this is also a very peaceful sport. Actually, this sport comes with a bit of anxiety that you must overcome. I tell people I'm not afraid of heights, but I think I might be a little. Its never stopped me from climbing a wall, but when I get to near the top, even if I'm bouldering, I sense a bit of anxiety.

Biking would be my other hippie shit. Last Thursday during spring break I fell and landed on my hands. My wrists absorbed most of the impact and they have been sore. I went to yoga on Monday and climbed on Wednesday and conducted all week. I don't think that helped. Nonetheless, you can't really rest your wrists. From turning a door handle to driving, you are always using them.

Allergies suck!

I'm playing a musical this weekend, "Honk!" Its pretty gay. The trumpet part stinks and I have to transpose some of the pieces and the conductor/pianist doesn't conduct or help me out at all. I find myself looking at the clarinet's music if I get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment