Thursday, December 31, 2009

Oh yeah, Paula Deen


So I made this recipe the other day out of Paula Deen's cookbook:

Sausage-Rice Casserole

1 6 oz. box of uncle ben's wild rice
1 pound of Sausage
2 Onions, chopped
1 4 oz. can of mushroom pieces
1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 tablespoons of butter

prepare rice, fry up sausage, combine everything into casserole except butter. then dollop the butter and bake at 350 for 25 minutes

TIME OUT

I made my own variation:
First I use Thai rice, I just cant bring myself to use Uncle Ben's when I have so many Asian friends that would beat me up for using that. After cooking the sausage, I used 1 large onion and fried that in the sausage grease. I left out the canned mushroom pieces (if I had them, i would use some fresh wild mushrooms and would have fried those with the onions). And I did everything else the same.

FUCKIN CHRONIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment