Thursday, July 15, 2010

Healthy Meal Number 1


My trip to Florida had some of the most fantastic homemade food I have had that wasn't my own mother's or grandfather's. My friend Kenny's mom, LeAnna, made some delicious meals. These included creamed eggs, crêpes with cottage cheese and cherries, polenta with marinara, cappellini with aeoli (olive oil, garlic, and anchovies), and the most delicious latkas I have ever had. My response to this is that I have filled my quota of home-cooked delicious and not-so-healthy food. She made this because Kenny doesn't get to have this often. She doesn't cook like this all time.

So I am committed to finding new delicious meals that are very healthy, nutritious, and satisfying. We made grilled turkey breast, wild rice salad, and corn on the cob. The rosemary, sage, basil, and mint were fresh herbs from my mom's garden. The turkey was rubbed with fresh herbs and olive oil as was the corn. The rice salad had oranges, pistachios, and basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment