Monday, July 26, 2010

Food and Jam






Today started out with a trip to the farmer's market with Kenny. I got some fresh corn, celery, onion, carrots, beets. strawberries, and nectarines. Then went out to breakfast at Southern Kitchen where I had a very satisfactory bowl of Menudo. Not better than Aunt Minnie's or Grandpa's, but the best I have ever had in a restaurant.
We had a jam session at my house. Kenneth was inspired to play jazz after our trip to SD. So Kenneth, Kenny, Jared, and I got together for a little jam. BTW Kenneth plays the cello. So we jammed on a little Blue Monk and then So What (sounds kinda nice with a cello bowing the bass part). I made BBQ chicken with brown rice and corn. My beet salad took too long to make so we didn't end up eating that. Lina stopped by with some delicious pastries. Between the 4 of us we finished 18 brews and a bottle of port. Fun day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment