Wednesday, June 23, 2010

News of the Rod summer

Yesterday I shot a 109 at Santa Teresa. Pretty good for not picking up a club for a year. A really nice golfer that joined our threesome gave me a driver he had in his bag. I hit the shit out of that thing, but noticed it had a whole lot of flex. Turns out it was a ladies club. I hit the fairway off the teebox more than ever, though.

Went to Castlerock with Bij and my bro on Monday. It was sick. I need to bring my camera next time. We did some bouldering which was pretty awesome.

Got a new Vacuum cleaner last week. Trying to clean the house today so I can use it again. Doing some well needed laundry. I currently don't even have enough clothes to take out the trash.

USA advanced to the second round today by the skin of their teeth. I watched the ball go in and held back my celebration in fear of the ref calling yet another goal back. Fortunately it was good.

Trying to go to Denver this weekend. Have yet to go since Vern has moved there.

July 4 I am doing a gig "pro-bono" for a guy I play with in the Villages. 11:00 at Los Gatos Presbyterian. Its a church service, so should be free. Just don't tell them I think the bible is a fairytale ;)

Going to Florida on July 6 with Kenny T. Should be a fun week of Golf, cigars, and going to Island's of Adventure. Kenny's dad is a Republican and think's Obama is a pinko commie. So I am going to agree with everything he says and bite my lip so as not to cause any tension. Maybe I should practice being a republican. "Where is Obama's birth certificate?!!?!"

2 comments:

  1. Avoid political discussion at all cost with Frank! been there! haha
    Smoke a cig for me. You guys should hop up to the Jersey shore while you're at it :)

    ReplyDelete