Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

I had a very pleasant Christmas with family and friends at my parent's house. New Years was uneventful, I didn't have a sip of alcohol on New Year's eve. The night before was a fun time with friends in which I enjoyed a nice white elephant exchange.

Resolutions:
I'm not sure if I want to create resolutions. Goals are nice projects that if approached unattached, can be very rewarding whether you complete them or not. I have my sights set on moving into the professional world this year, however. I want to find a gig conducting opera locally. It's something I have never done, but I think I would be good at it. So my resolution is to get an opera gig sometime this year.

I have been accepted into a week-long conducting program in Leipzig at the end of February, but money is tight and I'm not sure I want to pursue it anymore. It's going to cost me a lot of money. I got my cousin's bachelor party in Vegas a week after I get back from Germany. All that money and I could be skiing in Tahoe and taking trip to LA and San Diego to rock climb and play on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment