Saturday, December 11, 2010

P.E.

As I was waiting for one of my colleagues to vacate the bathroom so I could make a deposit, I went over to talk to the P.E. teacher who was supervising his class playing soccer.

Rian Rodriguez: Man, you got it great! You get to run around in the sun and play some soccer all day.

P.E. Teacher: I wish... For the most part, all your students want to be in your class, right?

Rian Rodriguez: Yeah, for the most part.

P.E. Teacher: Most of these kids don't want to be here. The ones that do like sports get out of taking P.E. because they have sports, what is left is the general population of kids who hate taking P.E.

Rian Rodriguez: I remember how my two favorite subjects in 4th-6th grade was Band and P.E., what happened in 7th grade that made it so bad? Maybe getting bullied in the locker room?

P.E. Teacher: That could be it, because 7th grade is when you started changing in front of people. It's also when you get a bad attitude about other things and by the time you get to high school, P.E. isn't fun at all anymore.

Rian Rodriguez: I remember teaching a couple of classes where no one cared or wanted to be there, it really sucks. Thats too bad that kids don't look forward to playing in P.E. when they're in high school. It's only when they get older when they will realize what they were missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment