Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sexy Salad Niçoise




This dish I first encountered while conducting at the Medomak Retreat for Conductors. The had these wonderful cooks there that cooked all of the meals. The most memorable dish, aside from the lobster, was the Salad Niçoise. This dish was so foreign to me because you get this plate of vegetables that are all seperated and some tuna. I wasn't even a big fan of tuna at the time. But, I love potatoes and eggs and green beans. So I made this dish tonight to have for lunch and share with one of my colleagues. We have decided to make lunch for each other every other day. So tomorrow being my turn, I chose this simple dish that is so tasty and sexy all at the same time.

While making the dressing, I realized how delicious my dressing is. I started eating it all up. Let me share with you my recipe for the dressing. These are not exact measurements so use your best judgement.

1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Honey
1 tsp. finely chopped sage
1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp. salt
ground pepper
4 tbsp. Olive oil

Whisk and love

Here is a pic of alex's dogs, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment