Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Aquarium


I quit smoking on Sunday Nov 1. Me and 5 others have each agreed to pay $100 into a pot if we fail. Last one standing gets the pot. It's really not that hard. It's all a mental game of who has the strongest mind and discipline. I know I will be $500 richer before 6 months is up.


I bought a North Face jacket. Only $100 with my mom's hookup at Macy's. Gonna sportin' it on the fixie rides. Haven't posted my fixie up yet, might be selling it soon. I want an upgrade.

¡Aquí está desayunos tradícional, chorizo con huevos!




Lastly I want to share the aquarium I got for my birthday from FarmerChow. It took him a month to clean the tank, but today I finally got it. I went to Walmart and got some stuff for it. Still need a filter, though. I have such caring friends!
I got two job offers this weekend for conducting. One is a conducting gig with CMTSJ. They are contracting me to be music director for Once Upon a Mattress. I may also be vocal directing. I would love to do both. I also was asked by the orchestra director at Mission College if I would be interested in taking over the orchestra if his sabbatical goes through. This would be very optimal. I hope these both go through. I think somebody has been praying for me, sending me good energy, or maybe its me and my positive energy. These two gigs seem miraculous to me because I didn't seek them out, they just came to me. I haven't been pursuing the conducting career lately cause I have been being complacent. I have been happy with my career right now. My constant struggle is do I leave my nice comfortable music teaching job for something bigger and risk losing my comfortable lifestyle? Then I ask myself if I won the lotto, what would I do? The answer is always to continue teaching and on the side create my own professional symphony where all the players get paid good salaries and perform in a beautiful venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment